The 2023 Homer Winter King Salmon Tournament has been delayed until Saturday, March 25, 2023 due to weather. Online registration will remain open until then.
How to Register
- Review the "Currently Registered Teams" list below to see if your boat has already been registered.
- If your boat is NOT listed, click on "Register a New Team" and fill out the registration form.
- If your boat IS already listed, choose your boat under "Register to an existing boat" to register yourself to that boat.
- If you do not know your boat, click "Register to an existing boat" and choose the boat named "Don't Know Boat Name" to register yourself. We will assign you to a boat later.
- Side Tournaments: You can add the Boat Side Tournaments anytime after you register for the tournament. Side Tourneys are entered by Boat/Team not by individuals and you can select up to 5 categories. You can see the live Side Tourney entries in the green tab on the right side of this page.
- Adding Side Tourney Selections: If you have already registered your Boat/Team, select "View Currently Registered Teams" on the registration page. Select your Team name then click "Edit Team". You will need to enter the email address that the Team was registered under. Select the Team Name (not an angler). You can now select up to 5 categories for your Team. Then follow the instructions to make your payment.
- To View Teams Registered In The Side Tourneys, along the right side of this Registation page, there is a green bar that says "Boat Side Tourneys". Click that link and you can see the Teams registered under each of the Side Tourney categories.
*** If your boat was registered in the last tournament, start typing the boat name under "Register a New Team" and it should come up. Do not create a new name if possible. Thank you ***
The cost to register an angler in the tournament is $150.
Winter King Salmon in Kachemak Bay
The Homer Chamber of Commerce and the Winter King Salmo Tournament Committee regularly consult with our area biologists to ensure this one-day tournament does not have a negative impact on the native Lower Cook Inlet king salmon population. Please review this statement about to better understand this fishery.
Weigh In and Event Area Information
The Event Area is moving this year to an area on the west side of the Harbor called the Deep Water Dock, just south of the Harbormasters Office. Using the Outer Dock Road, you can drive down to the event area to offload your fish to be weighed, then continue on to the parking area. You can view a map of this area using the link on the right side of this page.
There will also be a shuttle bus with pickup and dropoff stops at The Salty Dog, The Chamber's Derby Shack, next to the Boat Lauch Parking Lot then down to the event area.